Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] dotc and dotu in glas

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 13:32:55

I was wondering if we need an equivalent for both the dotc and dotu of
BLAS in glas? I suggest to only have _one_ dot function (which is
equivalent to the dot in blas for vectors of reals and which corresponds
to dotu for vectors of complex values). To perform the equivalent of
dotc one could then write dot(conj(x),y). This is IMHO clearer and the
expression-template mechanism will avoid that this compound expression
will induce a performance penalty.

I just added an equivalent to dotc but I plan to add the solution as
described above, benchmark both and than remove the dotc equivalent
afterwards (supposing the benchmark will not show any performance
differences of both approaches).

toon