Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] arrays and views

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-15 11:17:46

I do not think using shared-ptr's are a good idea and second I do not
think using shared-ptr's will solve any problem.

I think we currently can see the matrix as (embedding or being) the
storage and matrix-slices or any other matrix-view as being a view on
this storage. I personally do not see how using shared-ptr's would
simplify design?

Second, using shared-ptr's on small matrices might induce a performance
penalty. And thus IMHO to be avoided for the same reason we are not
using polymorphism inside the matrix libraries.

toon