Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] proposals

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-11 14:43:30

Hi,

Thanks for the comments on my last e-mail. In the meantime, I did some
coding for a backend system using relatively simple ideas using the
conceptual tree for expressions/collections. I assume this system can
still be simplified.

I also experimented alot with conceptgcc. Although the compiler is
improving every SVN release, I am still unable to get a complicated
piece of code compiled. I see two reasons: my limited experience with
concept c++ and instabilities in the compiler (usually a compilation
ends with segmentation fault).

I would like to suggest to forget about concept C++ for now, and develop
using C++ only, but keeping the concepts in mind. The danger is this
could make the use of concept c++ in a later stage more difficult.

I will explain some ideas a document. You can expect this some time in
April. Then, we can decide how to continue.

Best regards,

Karl