Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] Call for developers

From: Ed Hill (ed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-01 15:53:25

On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:20:04 +0200 Karl Meerbergen wrote:

> I must admit I am disappointed that there was not a single reaction
> on my last e-mail. If the document was too hard to read, please tell
> me so that I can improve it.

Hi Karl,

I've been following the glas list (lurking). I'd like to contribute
but have to admit I'm a little intimidated. My C++ skills are OK (have
been using it on/off since the mid-90's) but cannot claim real
familiarity/comfort with template meta-programming in general or the
Boost MPL (and this seems to be a pre-requisite for GLAS).

Can you or someone else please recommend some good background material
and/or "warm-up exercises" for glas beginners?

Ed

ps - I have a copy of Barton & Nackman and will order Abrahams &
     Gurtovoy or other titles if its generally viewed as a good
     idea...

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed_at_[hidden]  |  http://eh3.com/