Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] status

From: Karl Meerbergen (karl.meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-07 04:09:37

Dear List,

I have worked hard last month on having something to develop my research
codes. I learned alot from this. Currently there is code for the following:

containers: dense_vector and dense_matrix

vector algorithms:
- vector_range
- +, -, scalar*vector, vector*scalar, vector/scalar
- norm_2
- dot
- real, imag

matrix-vector
- matrix * vector
- vector * matrix
- trans
- column, row
- column_range

backends
- glas
- limited BLAS backend

concepts:
- tags and meta functions
- still work to do to make it cleaner and easier to understand

documentation:
- still under construction for most algorithms, but we are getting there
slowly.

other stuff:
- vector, and matrix bindings traits specializations
- iterators for using stl algorithms

It is my goal to have consistent documentation and code, and clean
concepts before further developments are started. I will give you then
the opportunity to comment. A developers meeting would then be suitable
to start the remaining work (which is still much).

In the meantime, my colleague Yvette works on rank structured matrix
algorithms using the current glas implementation. This will also uncover
difficulties, bugs and missing concepts, algorithms, etc.

 From performance point of view no work has been done yet, but this is
part of Yvette's work too.

You are welcome to download and try the test examples. My colleague,
Marc, used glas for an eigenvalue code, using the lapack bindings.

Have a nice day,

Karl