Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] talking proto
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-16 09:19:25

On 7/16/2010 2:12 AM, Joel Falcou wrote:

> I think proto is currently filling a hole which will increase in
> importance. Putting my researcher cap back for a minute, I can tell you
> that the DS(E)L topic is relatively hot at the moment with effort from
> a lot of big guns like the SCALA team from Standford or Paul Kelly's
> team from Imperial College. They all use various host languages and
> various technology to implement these and I think C++ with the help of
> Proto has a major role to play in this paradigm shift. So having some
> brain tank here about that feels important to help push these kind of
> work in both academic and industrial contexts.

I am not familiar with other technologies used to implement DSEL in
other languages. Are you? Can you point me to some information or
describe the other efforts in this area? I used little more than my own
needs and my knowledge of compiler construction toolkits to guide the
design of proto. Maybe there are other good ideas out there we can steal.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com