Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] vararg + fold
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 09:02:57

>> template <class T>
>> struct make_vector
>> {
>> typedef boost::mpl::vector<T> type;
>> };
>>
>> struct B
>> : proto::or_<
>> proto::when <
>> A,
>> make_vector<A(proto::_)>()

>You could simply use mpl::vector1<A(proto::_)>() and not bother with
>make_vector.

Indeed. I tried with mpl::vector and it doesn't compile but vector1
does. Interesting.

>If A is a grammar as implied above, you can simplify the function to:
>
> mpl::push_back<proto::_state, A>()
>
>The current element in the sequence will be operated on by default.

This doesn't compile but I need to have a closer look, it could be
another problem.
A is actually a proto::switch on 2 cases, terminals and preincrement
(for the moment).

>Whoops! Your grammar doesn't handle expressions that aren't comma
>expressions. Before passing an expr to a grammar, first try asserting
>that it matches the grammar.

This is done but not shown in the example. I use the grammar inside a function:
foo(Expr)
{
BOOST_MPL_ASSERT((proto::matches<Expr, B>));
}

>If it doesn't evaluating the grammar's
>transform with the expr is a precondition violation. In this case, the
>grammar check is ignored and the fold_tree is executed against whatever
>expression you passed in. That will fold the tree on the top-most node
>type; e.g. if it's tag::plus, you'll fold on plus.

Ah yes I learned this one the hard way last night ;-)

>> So I suppose that at least the first part of when is wrong.
>> Any idea how to make it work?
>
>Depends on what you're trying to do. What should happen when you pass
>something that isn't a comma expression?

I call the grammar inside a function which asserts if proto::match rejects it.
What I now have is a grammar which should parse a variable number of A
expressions:
++_1
etc.

So I don't think comma<A,A> can possibly work, this would cover only
(++_1,++_1) , right?

Thanks,
Christophe

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com