Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] So I heard proto make AST ...
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-27 10:17:46

On 7/27/2010 9:59 AM, joel falcou wrote:
> On 27/07/10 15:56, Alp Mestanogullari wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:25 PM, joel falcou wrote:
>>> I do this in NT2 all the time IIRC I gave a link to some svn
>>> repo with an example. It wasn't selected as core phoenix 3 though
>>> :p
>>>
>> Yeah I remember discussing that code with you on IRC, and this is
>> an elegant and very "functional" approach, I like it! But it's just
>> my opinion.
>
> Foudn it back, ppl may look at :
>
> https://www.lri.fr/svn/parall/prog_gen/branches/phoenix3/
>
> login/passwd : boost/boost
>
> The code is just a proto transform that evaluate any kind of
> expression and values from a fusion vector in a recursive,
> customizable way.
>
> I think it can be turned into a proper proto::dfs_visitor<>
> transform

Back-story: I don't remember the details of your code (will have to look
again), but I do remember that Joel d.G. made a design decision that
Phoenix3 extensibility shouldn't require deep Proto hacking, or any
Proto at all, IIRC, at least for simple things. That's how we ended up
settling on the current design that mostly shields users from the Proto
guts. But no worries, it's still there under the covers.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com