Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] for your review: intro to a series of blog posts about proto and phoenix v3
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-10 11:14:03

Well, as a complete novice to code of this sophistication I understood that
piece
perfectly, as far as it goes. Naturally, as the opening piece of a series
it raises far more questions than it answers.

It also scares me somewhat. This stuff could mark an absolute explosion
of complexity in the code your average jobbing programmer is expected
to get to grips with, and in my experience the technology is already
slipping
from the grasp of most of us! When you get this stuff wrong, what do the
error
messages look like? Boost.Bind & Boost.Lambda errors are already enough
to send most of us running for the hills, and tool support is somewhat
lacking as far as I know, being pretty much limited to STLFilt.

Maybe I'm just too long in the tooth for this!

Still, great piece, and I look forward to subsequent installments.

- Rob.

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com