Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Funky exercie: subset of Boost::parameters using proto
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-16 02:11:34

On 15/08/10 23:21, Eric Niebler wrote:
> Haha! I admit I was a bit suspicious at first. Nobody ever said, "Wow,
> Proto sped up my compiles!" ;-)

I wish :)

> But looking at Joel's implementation, I suspect it can be sped up
> considerably by avoiding fusion vectors and maps. (I've found fusion to
> be costly at compile time and generally avoid it in Proto.)
Yup, same experience here. I dunno if it comes fromthe TMP part of the
PP part tough
> I don't see a reason why the proto expression tree can't directly serve the same
> role as the fusion map. Just define a transform instead of using
> fusion::at_key.

Hmmm, how should this transform work ? We already capture the value of
the parmaeters
by value in the tree so it can actually be used for this but I admit the
transform is not trivial.

> Regardless, a nifty hack, and amazing you could do this in a few hours.

It was the point of the game ;)

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com