Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Funky exercie: subset of Boost::parameters using proto
From: Daniel Oberhoff (daniel.oberhoff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-16 17:30:35

:)

been following this. I wonder if you guys shouldn't start talking to compiler creators, specifically modern open source ones such as the clang folks, about optimizing compile times and erro messages of proto-style code. on the side of error messages i was wondering if it would be possible to teach the compiler specific error messages such as are possible in perocompiler land with the error macro. I myself had started working on a numeric library like blitz for kicks a few months ago, using proto, and was suprised that it actually worked :). I am still dreaming of a numeric library with a blitz like interface that dispatches automatically (with both static and dynamic dispatch as appropriate) to serial, sse, openmp-style, and cuda code.

dan