Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: [proto] Active operator/function generation checking
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-30 14:55:23

I'm trying to polish the last layer of compile time error handling in nt2.
my concern at the moment is that, if have a function foo(a,b) that works
on any real a and any char b, i dont want my foo function working on nt2
container to work with nothing but matrix of real and matrix of char.
nt2 has a is_callable_with metafunction that basically check for this on
the scalar
level.

Considering the huge amount of functions nt2 has to support and their
complex type requirement,
grammar are a bit unusable here.

Is it OK to have a custom nt2 generator that basically static_assert
over is_callable_with
to prevent wrong container expression to be built and hence ends up in
error waaaaaay far in the
expression evaluation code ?

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com