Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Precomputing common matrix products in an expression
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-15 13:45:37

On 7/14/2012 11:07 PM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 07/15/2012 08:04 AM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
>
>> Assuming your expressions are CopyConstructible

For the record, in proto-11 no rvalues are stored by reference within
expressions by default.

> You'd also need them to be EqualityComparable or to use a comparator to
> use them as keys. A recursive call to fusion::equal_to would probably be
> a good definition.

That wouldn't check the tag type. But as Bart says, this is unnecessary
in his case.

In proto-11, expressions currently satisfy EqualityComparable.
operator== builds an expression node that has an implicit conversion to
bool IFF the left and right operands are compatible. Likewise for the
other relational operators. This is admittedly a kludge and I'm not sure
how I feel about it.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing