Boost logo

Proto :

Subject: Re: [proto] Transform result_of nightmare and preserving terminal identity
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-31 15:30:17

On 16/10/2012 03:50 p.m., Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:
> On 16/10/2012 02:22 a.m., Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Hi Agustín,
>>
>> This is just a quick note to let you know that I'm currently at the
>> standard committee meeting in Portland, and that I'll be unable to look
>> until this until I get back next week.
>>

> Thank you for letting me know.
>
> Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
> http://fusionfenix.com

For future reference, my issue was resolved at StackOverflow. You can
find it here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13146537/boost-proto-and-complex-transform

Preliminar tests for 100000000 evaluations of a simple expression `p = q
+ r * 3.f` where p, q and r are geometric vectors of 3 ints give the
following promising times:

Regular: 1.15s
Proto: 1.2s
Hand-Unrolled: 0.39s
Proto-Unrolled: 0.8s

Proto expressions build and optimization times are not taken into
account. There is a considerable number of expression copies made by the
expression optimization that cannot be avoided by the compiler. I will
continue my research by implementing a custom evaluation context that
does this optimization 'on the fly', without actually modifying the
expression.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://fusionfenix.com

Proto list run by eric at boostpro.com