Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-25 22:07:19

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 17:52, Kai Brüning wrote:

> Do you know A. Alexandrescu's article "volatile - Multithreaded
> Programmer's Best Friend"? (http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/184403766) He
> describes a LockingPtr in this article and uses the C++ type system to
> get some compile-time checking of correct locking.

No, I hadn't read that before, it's an interesting article. Thanks for
pointing it out. volatile plus LockingPtr does part of what I want,
making sure a mutex is always locked before delivering a useable pointer.
One thing I notice it doesn't do though, is verify that the same mutex is
always used for a given object.

--
Frank