Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-14 11:15:07

Quoting Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]>:

> Anthony Williams wrote:
>> If you think this is a problem, feel free to change it back.
>
> Sorry, I don't know what you mean I should do.
>
> Would I need to include a new header?
>
> I thought including <boost/thread.hpp> will give me all of
> what is in the API, not?

The boost condition variables are now called boost::condition_variable
and boost::condition_variable_any. They are in the header
boost/thread/condition_variable.hpp, which is included from
boost/thread.hpp

boost/thread/condition.hpp is a backwards-compatibility header that
defines boost::condition as a typedef to
boost::condition_variable_any. This header was included in
boost/thread.hpp in boost 1.35.0. I have now removed it from there,
though it is still available for direct inclusion.

If you think that the boost::condition typedef should be available
when boost/thread.hpp is included, you (or I) can add
boost/thread/condition.hpp back into boost/thread.hpp

The alternative is to add the include of boost/thread/condition.hpp to
your code, or change to boost::condition_variable or
boost::condition_variable_any in your code.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk