Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: [Threads-devel] Visual C++ 6 Thread Compile
From: Manzoor Ahmed (manzoor10_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-05 02:09:38

Can I compile the latest version of Boost (1.39.0 specifically) with Visual
C++ 6 Service Pack 5?

Are there any dependencies to be able to compile Boost.Thread successfully?

I tried the following and got few errors while compiling.

Extracted Boost to a directory and downloaded a pre-built executable of Bjam
(version 3.1.16) and copied Bjam to Boost's root directory. Then I went to
$BOOST_ROOT\tools\build\v2\ and opened "user-config.jam" and added this
command

*using msvc : 6 ;*

so it'll use VC6 for compilation (I did this because I have multiple
versions of Visual C++ installed).

Fired, command line, changed directory to $BOOST_ROOT and entered this
command

*bjam --build-dir="D:\boost\build-boost" --build-type=complete --with-thread
stage

*It printed some text on the console like no Python installation found,
which I ignored, then it started printing errors and the screen keeps
scrolling. In the end, the output was

*...failed updated 6 targets...
...skipped 22 targets...*

Now may I know why I'm unable to compile this with Visual C++ 6?

--
Manzoor Ahmed