Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] locking of boost::timed_mutex results in segmentation fault on linux x64
From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-12 03:25:29

On 19/04/10 15:02, Andriy Tylychko wrote:
> Linux version 2.6.24-27-generic (buildd_at_crested) (gcc version 4.2.4
> (Ubuntu 4.2.4-1ubuntu3)) x64
>
> intensive usage of boost::timed_mutex::scoped_lock from many threads
> with the same timed_mutex results in segmentation fault. Sample code is
> attached. It catches SIGSEGV signal in about 5-10 secs of normal
> operation and prints stack traces.

> What’s the problem and how to resolve it?

This is most bizarre. It looks like a problem in
pthread_mutex_timedlock. It doesn't happen on my linux x64 system, so it
seems really strange that it happens on yours.

Anthony

--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++0x thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk