Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] showstopper bug for pthread backend
From: Gaetano Mendola (mendola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-23 17:33:39

On 02/08/2010 05:49 PM, Anthony Williams wrote:
> The patch is insufficient. I have an idea how to fix it, but have not
> yet found the time to implement it. If my fix works it should be in
> boost 1.43

Is that insufficient patch at least going to be merged in the 1.44?
Can you tell us, if already digged into it, why is not enough, so we
can try to cover even the corner case you forecasted.

I had a look at the patch and what it does is basicaly what the man
on pthread_cond_broadcast suggests:

"... if predictable scheduling behavior is required, then that mutex
shall be locked by the thread calling pthread_cond_broadcast() or
pthread_cond_signal()."

I don't have a clue on how the merges are managed, but for what is
worth my 1 cent to merge it.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola