Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] may be a bug in boost.thread on freebsd 8.0
From: Anthony Williams (anthony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-28 11:45:29

On 28/07/10 16:35, å×ÇÅÎÉÊ ûÕÂÉÎ wrote:
> I tried previous example with condition variable:

[snip]

> The result is the same. It works correct. Do I use cond variable in the same way as in boost.thread one is used?

In boost::thread, the cond var is created dynamically using
pthread_cond_init, signalled on the new thread, and waited for on the
joining thread. Also, of course, the condvar is wrapped in
boost::condition_variable. It really shouldn't make a difference though.

> How could I commit a patch to repository, if I will fix the bug?

Create a trac ticket at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ and attach the
patch. If it looks reasonable then I'll commit it to trunk.

Anthony

--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++0x thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk