Boost logo

Threads-Devel :

Subject: Re: [Threads-devel] RFC: 1st pthread shared_mutex refactoring patch
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-12 13:08:45

Le 18/01/13 09:17, Fredrik Orderud a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden] <mailto:vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> Le 17/01/13 20:00, Fredrik Orderud a écrit :
>> Vicente,
>> have you had time to take a look at my updated patch yet?
>>
>> If you're concerned about the size of the patch, then I would be
>> more than happy to divide it up into smaller "bite-sized"
>> change-sets that can be reviewed more easily.
>>
> I'm busy fixing some bugs to be included on Boost 1.53. I will
> take in account your patch on two weeks. You don't need to change
> the patch, I've the impression that it is good enough, but I don't
> want to destabilize release 1.53 with this refactoring. We will
> have enough time for release 1.54.
>
> For the time been you could try to adapt your patch to shared
> priority mutex in a different file.
>

> That's ok Vicente. I understand, and will await the 1.53 release
> before proceeding.

Hi,

I will start to analyze your patch this week.

I don't know if you have followed this ticket.
#7906 <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7906> Very bad
performance of generic implementation of shared_mutex on windows
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7906>

 From the performances presented it seems that the windows specific
implementation will be needed, so maybe a windows specific
implementation for shared priority mutex should also be needed. The
problem is that the windows implementation contains some bugs and
missing features.

Best,
Vicente