Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Max Weinberg (max.weinberg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 06:58:31

Hi,
thanks for the patches, they seem to work
> There was a line changing filled1_ in reserve(). Looks like
> storage_invariants() work quite well

The bug in reserve is also present in the 1.32 release version.

> There is no way to usefully define an operator== of float matrices. But there
> is already the (still undocumented?) equal function used by some
> BOOST_CHECK(..) macros. Try this one. Alternativly you can always use
> norm_inf(A-B) which returns zero if both matrices are equal.

As far as I can see, "equals" also uses norm. Using norm makes sense only in
rare cases, even if the involved matrices have numerical content. You don't
want to compute a norm if 99% of the matrices you compare already differ in the
first element.

Max