Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-19 14:10:17

Am Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005 13:06 schrieb Toon Knapen:
> I wonder how you want to generate the concept documentation using
> doxygen. Doxygen can be used for code-documentation but a concept
> only has models (that are coded/implemented) but there is no code
> directly associated to a concept.

How about detail/concepts.hpp ? The concept checks should exactly
represent the concepts?

> I have'nt followed the boostbook discussion very well so I wonder: is
> there some conclusion on it and where is it documented. I hope to
> understand from this document
> _ if boostbook is now the preferred tool for documentation

AFAIK all boost libs should try to use boostbook in order to have a
common documentation style. But I did not follow the whole
discussion ... The current state is that a few libs use it. There is no
requirement for that. The documentation guide only states: 'All libs
have to have a HTML documentation.'

> _ what tools I need to install to be able to generate boostbook doc.

actually there is no program called 'boostbook'. There is a 'boost.xml'
style for docbook. So you need something to create an xml description
of the documentation (doxygen, JavaDoc?) and xsl-styles to display it,
e.g. from http://docbook.sourceforge.net/ . The algorithm library uses
this.

For debian linux I have to install docbook, some sgml packages and some
xml libraries. Actually you need something that can combine a XML, XSLT
and DSSSL into something readable.

mfg
Gunter