Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-01 09:29:59

Stefan,

I have the impression that the ublas::vector has size 0 since you use
the default constructor.

I also think that vector::operator+=() creates a temporary to store the
data from the right-hand side. The right-hand side can be any
vector_expression. In order to avoid temporaries you could use
tmp.plus_assign( v ) and tmp.minus_assign( v ).

If this is the case, this might explain some loss of performance in
Christopher's tests.

Best,

Karl

Look at our unique training program and