Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-22 14:42:49

More follows to my own mail.

On Saturday 18 June 2005 22:55, Michael Stevens wrote:
> I'll follow up to my mail with some more bench1 results
>
> This time compiled with VC7.1 and executed on the same machine as the
> results for GCC4.0
>
> The results show are highly revealing. Firstly the everthing is much
> slower. The C array results or often several times slower. Not sure why
> this should be VC7.1 normally does not optimise that badly.
>
> Secondly there is usually a much large cost for using uBLAS. Maybe this is
> what Christopher is seeing?

This should read:

Secondly there is AN UNUSUALLY large cost for using uBLAS. Maybe this is
what Christopher is seeing?

I have run similar bench1 tests on Boost_1_31_0 and 1_32_0. I get similar
results for the latter. The former shows VC7.1 had slightly better
performance on the older version.

Anyone have any compiler options or pragma tips for VC7.1
If not I think we need to include a performance warning in the documentation
for this compiler.

Michael