Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-29 16:58:25

Dear All,

Does anyone know why the vector/matrix_expression class requires Default
Constructable?

As far as I can see:
        a) uBLAS expressions templates don't require this
        b) Default constructed instances cannot be used, and if they were would fail
nastily as they don't reference anything
        c) They allow the user to accidentally use some syntax that produces code
that fails when run.

Obviously a fix would require some changes throughout uBLAS code and
documentation. So I thought I would ask to find out if anyone knows why this
exists.

A change would make sense as I'm experimenting with an extra
vector/matrix_container class from which all container models would be
derived. This would help implement alias optimisations.

Michael

--
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering