Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Dima Sorkin (dsorkin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-02 00:46:08

> Does anyboday have a good idea about why T1 is the default return type in
> promote_traits<T1, T2>?
Hi.
1) I think that this case was written for types T1 and T2
    which are "unknown" to ublas (not double,complex,etc).
2) I am new to ublas, but I did some reading of ublas
    sources. It seems that changing the default behaviour
    should break nothing.
3) I don't understand why do you want to change the general
    case. A specialization of promote_traits<> should solve
    your problems,as you already wrote.
    I did it in past, and it works.
4) However, VC6++ doesn't support partial specializations.
    It is time to switch to more modern compiler. Consider,
    for example,GCC, you can download a free version for windows
    at http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

Regards,
 Dima.