Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-20 07:04:54

I have made some changes to the implementation of the array adaptors that were
defined in "storage.hpp"

Previously 'array_adaptor' and 'shallow_array_adaptor' were defined. They had
two major problems:
 a) They were never documented or tested
 b) In order to make them Copy Construtable they would allocate their own
storage. This I think was unacceptable for a standard array adaptor as it
means that:
        i) They is a runtime overhead associated with tracking which storage was used
if you used this feature or not
        ii) It is very easy to accidentally perform operations which cause
construction and then expected changes to the adapted array would not happen.

In new version the two existing classes have been replaces by the simpler
'carray_adaptor'. This is now fully documented. The changes are committed to
Boost HEAD so please take a look at the documentation.

Michael

--
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering