Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-28 13:04:21

On Wednesday 28 Sep 2005 17:47, Shawn D. Pautz wrote:
> Class ublas::vector (and perhaps others) seems to be missing the
> max_size() member function. According to the online documentation
> vector is a model of Vector, which is a refinement of
> RandomAccessContainer, which requires that member function. I'm using
> Boost 1.33.0, but it appears that the CVS version also is missing that
> member. Is there a bug here or is the documentation in error?

Both! The definition of Vector as a refinement of RandomAccessContainer was
done quite recently. It was added when I merged the work Toon did on
integrating the documention with STL Concepts. I think last year we discussed
how we wanted to define the Vector Concept and RandomAccessContainer was
chosen.

Looks like a few member functions slipped through the net and we never
considered that they would need implementing. Looking at the definition of
STL Container it looks like we will need 'empty' and 'max_size'. I recall the
'max_size' is subject to a defect report in the standard as it is not really
clear what it should return. I would be good to check on the status of this.

Anyone fancy submitting a patch!

Michael

--
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering