Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-19 04:49:54

On Wednesday, 19. October 2005 11:36, Karl Meerbergen wrote:
> Dima Sorkin wrote:
> >Quoting Gunter Winkler :
> >>I don't think find2 should be part of the matrix concept,
> >>because it is only used internally. But if you create your
> >>own matrix class - you have to provide this helper function.
> >
> >But this way user that passes his own matrices to algorithms of
> >ublas will be "surprised", as he has nearly no way to know what
> >these algorithms expect from a matrix.
> >
> >Regards,
> > Dima.
>
> In my opinion find2() should be in the concepts if it is required by
> algorithms.

I agree. A quick search in the documentation and it appears 'find' for vectors
and 'find1'/'find2' for matrices are not documented anywhere. I'm very
surprised that they are not there!

I believe they are an essential part of the concept as they provide a
transformation from indices to iterators.

Regards,
        Michaels

--
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering