Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-19 09:23:37

Hi Ed,

As far as I know, there is no such function in ublas. The determinant is
usually computed from the LU factorization: compute the product of the
diagonal of U and you have the determinant.

For the two norm of a small matrix, the lapack subroutine _gesvd() can
be used. There is a binding for this function in the
boost-sandbox/numeric/bindings/lapack. For a large matrix, the Lanczos
method would be more appropriate but I do not think there is any binding
for this.

Best,

Karl

Eddie.Vedder_at_[hidden] wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>I have two questions:
>
>Is there a function to determine the determinant of a matrix in ublas or one
>of the bindings (lapack, atlas)? I could not find one.
>
>Is there a function to determin the "norm" which is computed by Matlabs
>norm-function which "returns the largest singular value of matrix A"? Or do
>I have to compute the singular value decomposition explicitly?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>Ed

Look at our unique training program and
Register on-line at http://www.fft.be/?id=35