Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Shawn D. Pautz (sdpautz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-16 11:45:00

I'm trying to compile a code that uses uBLAS with the PGI compiler and
having problems. I understand that PGI is not one of the "supported"
compilers, but the compile failure appears to be artificial. In
ublas/detail/config.hpp is the following line:

// Cannot continue with an unsupported compiler
#ifdef BOOST_UBLAS_UNSUPPORTED_COMPILER
#error Your compiler is unsupported by this verions of uBLAS. Boost
1.32.0 includes uBLAS with support for many old compilers.
#endif

This causes immediate termination of my compile since my compiler is not
recognized. If I comment that line out, though, my compilation proceeds
normally and I get valid executables. Is there a recommended way to
turn off those preprocessor lines? More generally, is there a way for
Boost to distinguish between compilers that are known to fail from
compilers whose capability is unknown?

--
Shawn D. Pautz
Radiation Transport Department, MS 1179