Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Stefan Heinzmann (stefan_heinzmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 10:25:57

Hi all,

I want to use matrices stored as static const data (which can
reside in read-only memory). I know about array_adaptor, but
I can't seem to make it work with const data. As soon as I
want to construct a matrix object and give it the adapted
array, it fails with a compiler error. Obviously the standard
matrix class wants to be able to copy data for resizing.

Ideally, I would like to have a static C-style array (either
1D or 2D), which is aggregate-initialized in the source, and
adapt it for usage with ublas as a matrix. Alternatively, I
can also live with boost::array, as it can be
aggregate-initialized, too.

I do not want the data to be copied on construction of the
ublas adapter, the goal is to use the constant data in situ.

As I mentioned, I've tried array_adaptor, but that's not the
whole trick...

Cheers
Stefan