Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-30 07:28:28

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 23:04, Manoj Rajagopalan wrote:

> closure_type and const_closure_type appear often in ublas class
> declarations. What does closure mean and why is it required / useful?

This is a quite difficult topic. I never understood the concept in all
details, but I look at a closure as a mutable or constant reference to
something. The idea is to have
a) closure_type ... everything is mutable
b) const_closure_type ... everthing is const (read: add the const qualifier
wherever possible)

Is is required or useful: I don't use it, because it never worked the way I
thought.

mfg
Gunter