Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Peter Melchior (pmelchior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 11:32:01

Hello everybody,

maybe this is a completely silly question, but anyway:
Is there a way to use vector expressions like matrix_row as vector
argument in the atlas bindings?

E.g. if I wanted to compute the product of a matrix column with a scalar
and store it as row of another matrix, then I would like to do something
like this:

boost::numeric::ublas::matrix<T> prod(n,n);
T alpha;

boost::numeric::ublas::matrix_row<boost::numeric::ublas::matrix<T> > row
(prod,i);
boost::numeric::ublas::matrix_column<boost::numeric::ublas::matrix<T> >
col (m,i);
boost::numeric::bindings::atlas::axpy(alpha,col,row);

Is there a/another way to avoid copying the vector expression to a
vector?

Best regards,

Peter Melchior

--