Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-30 13:40:54

Am Dienstag, 30. Januar 2007 18:37 schrieb Eddie Vedder:
> I tried the latter one (assign_temporary(...)), but the memory usage
> does not change. Maybe your comment ...

You should use a better method to aquire the memory usage information. I
use getrusage() on linux, you should look for something similar.

> ... may be the point. What can I do against this behaviour? Do I have
> to allocate the matrices with new?

Just don't care about this. First there is a virtual size (the amount of
memory allocated) and a physical size (the amount of physical RAM used)
of your process. The first number is meaningless (at least on linux -
you call easily allocate 3 GB memory), the second gives a rought
estimate how much actually is used.

mfg
Gunter