Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Jeffrey Brent McBeth (mcbeth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 11:37:24

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:18:23AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> Janek Kozicki wrote:
>
> > Jeffrey Brent McBeth said: (by the date of Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:06:38
> > -0400)

> >> We do this all the time using the Intel MKL libraries (also using the
> >> lapack bindings for the other bits). I've done it before with the FFTW,
> >> but not recently.
> >

> > many thanks for your reply, I googled for "Intel MKL libraries" and
> > it turns out that this is a commercial library. In my circumstances
> > it is not acceptable. But http://www.fftw.org/ looks very promising.

I believe that the MKL is available free to non-commercial use, but you
are correct, the FFTW is probably more appropriate. I last used FFTW2,
and it wasn't too bad to get it in with uBlas. I know that FFTW3
changed a lot of things, I hope they weren't as short sighted to make
bindings difficult.

Jeff

Hofstadter's Law states: It always takes longer than you expect, even when
you take into account Hofstadter's Law.