Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-12 05:15:48

Hi,

symmetric_matrix is a symmetric matrix in packed format.

syev takes a dense matrix as argument. See the LAPACK manual.
You should use symmetric_adaptor< matrix<T,column_major>, ... >

For eigenvalue solvers in packed format, use spev(). Unfortunately,
there is no bindings to spev(). I am not intending writing a binding for
this function soon.

syev does not make a copy: all operations are done on the matrix, whose
content is destroyed on return.

I hope this is helpful,

Karl