Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Server Levent Yilmaz (leventyilmaz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 16:23:06

Hi All,

I was trying to dig into the mail archives and google in general on this
array adaptor business, but couldn't go beyond scratching my head even
harder on this issue ...

The documentation on boost.org still mentions carray_adaptor, which
apparently is removed at some point from ublas (storage.hpp doesn't have it
neither in release 1.34 nor in CVS HEAD).. The CVS logs (of storage.hpp)
indicates there has been some development on this, yet the last message is a
bit dated (a year!) saying "testing needed".

So, as a boost::numeric::ublas::luser, I couldn't help but create some
(more?) noise on this subject:

What is a proper way, if any, to adapt a ublas (dense) vector around a
legacy pointer to data?

thanks

Levent

--