Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Georg Baum (Georg.Baum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 13:04:18

Am Freitag 08 Juni 2007 18:48 schrieb Nico Galoppo:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently looking into writing a routine to convert a ublas type
> sparse matrix into a typical (row-oriented) compressed row storage (CRS)
> format, more specifically into a three arrays (values, columns & rowptr).
> Before I do so, I wanted to check with the list if this data is perhaps
> immediately available from the underlying storage in either
> compressed_matrix<> or coordinate_matrix<>? (their difference is unclear
> to me from the documentation).

compressed_matrix<> uses exactly that format (if instantiated with the
correct template arguments), and it also has accessors for the arrays:
index1_data(), index2_data() and value_data(). Don't ask me which is which
(apart from value_data), the names are confusing.

Coordinate matrix is different, it has a value array and two index arrays,
all of the same size, where the row and column indices of each value are
stored at the same position in the index arrays.

Georg