Boost logo

Ublas :

From: pinacle (pinacle2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-07 12:25:51

Hi Karl,

I understand UBLAS may be slower since it uses a lot c++ features. For
accessing the i-th (or i+1) element in an array A, A(i) for UBLAS vector
will be slower than A[i] for C array. But UBLAS is quite straight forward
for me to implement general calculations comparing with using arrays with
pointers. If the binding of UMFPACK could improve the performance to a good
extent, I'll give it a try.

BTW, I've solved my compile problem by changing the LINE 147 of lu.cpp from
  project (mci, range (i + 1, size1)) *= value_type (1) / m (i, i);
  project (mci, range (i + 1, size1)) *= value_type (1);
  project (mci, range (i + 1, size1)) /= m (i, i);

Hope the developer could give a fix on this file. In fact, I feel the lu.cpp
is not well checked or maintained. I saw several discussions about it
before, but it still remains unchanged.

Cheers!
Feng