Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Gunter Winkler (guwi17_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-15 18:30:07

Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2007 09:39 schrieb Tsai Dung-Bang:

> First, I'm newbie to this library, but why when this library perform
> a complex vector inner product, it will simply multiply them without
> conjugate first vector first?

No, because inner_prod is simply sum(a(i)*b(i)). You should use
inner_prod(conj(a),b) for complex types.

> Second, I know this library has atlas building, but it's possible for
> writing a self-contain QR-decomposition template, etc. , then we
> could take the advantage of template such that we are free of
> certainly float type.

A good qr-implementation would definitely be a welcome add on to this
library. You can use my cholesky decomposition and the triangular
solvers as a starting point, see http://guwi17.de/ublas/examples/ .

> Third, as a newbie, I would like to contribute to this library, what
> could I do at beginning?

This depends on your time and skills ;-)
There are a lot of open issues. In general all contributions are
welcome - preferably they are self contained and fit to the boost
coding conventions. Currently the handling of structured (complex)
matrices is very limited and could be extended.

mfg
Gunter

PS: ublas needs some performance tweaks - however this is very
complicated and would require a redesign of large parts ...