Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Jens Seidel (jensseidel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-06 09:11:58

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:32:50PM +0100, Jonas wrote:
> Which library/solver (that has uBLAS bindings, preferrably) would you
> recommend for solving a very sparse, real system Ax = b with size on
> the order of 10^5? My initial guess from monitoring the list would be
> umfpack. Would that be a good candidate?

Mmh, this is sufficient large to require special algorithms. Please
explain in more detail the properties of your matrix. Is it symmetric,
positive definite, an M matrix, ...? Does it result from
discretisation of a (partial) differential equation, which one?
Does there exist a hierarchy of matrices?

It is nearly impossible for me to answer your question without these
information!

You could also look at Dolfin (http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Documentation)
which contains some simple standard solvers and has also interfaces to
more difficult ones (such as Algebraic Multigrid).

Do you have a typical matrix somewhere available for download (in text
format)? Maybe I could test my Algebraic Multigrid solver (no publically
available, but I could give you some references) with it?

Jens