Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Giuseppe Bilotta (giuseppe.bilotta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 10:27:58

Hello all,

in this project I'm working on I've come across the
following need.

I have a class (aptly named grid) that represents a grid of
D-dimensional points. These points are ordered
(lexicographically), and therefore I hold them in a vector
of points.

I would also like to access all the components of all the
points as a single vector, like

x1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 ...

for 3D vectors. The formula to convert from 'whole vector'
component to signle point is straighforward, so I would
rather use that than create a specific vector, however I'm
not sure on what kind of method I should create for my
class, such that for example grid::vector() returns a
'vector adaptor' which you can use to access the components
in a vector-like manner.

I'm not even sure I even managed to explain myself
correctly, let me know if not.

Thanks in adavance,

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta