Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Giuseppe Bilotta (giuseppe.bilotta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 12:32:02

On Thursday 24 April 2008 16:50, Andreas Klöckner wrote:

> On Donnerstag 24 April 2008, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>> I have a class (aptly named grid) that represents a grid of
>> D-dimensional points. These points are ordered
>> (lexicographically), and therefore I hold them in a vector
>> of points.
>
> Maybe you could point boost multiarray at the raw memory of your vector?
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/multi_array/doc/user.html

I must confess that I had given a glimpse at the multi_array feature,
because it looked exactly like the kind of stuff that I needed to
represent the grid, but I had discarded it because I would need to
access my data mostly to run vector algebraic operations, and
multi-array doesn't seem to have any BLAS feature.

Basically what I need is something like a multi_array for storage,
and a way to expose its various slices as ublas vectors.

Now, although boost currently doesn't seem to have anything of the sort
(unless I missed it), I'd be more than happy to contribute something myself,
but I'm pretty sure it needs some deep understanding of boost internals,
which I currently don't possess.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta