Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Andreas Klöckner (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 13:13:13

On Mittwoch 11 Juni 2008, Karl Meerbergen wrote:
Hi Karl, all,

> Another option is to stop contributing to the lapack bindings in
> Boost.Sandbox and have Andreas repository as the 'official' lapack
> bindings repository. We could add a link to Andreas' repository. That
> would save others (including me) a lot of time trying to keep the
> 'official' bindings up to date.

Hmm. In principle I don't mind, but I think Thomas might not like that, and
he's recently done some significant work on the svn that needs to be
acknowledged. Whatever solution we choose should make optimal use of the time
both Thomas and I put into this.

As such, I'm not particularly unhappy with the setup as it is now. And Thomas
is free to cherrypick patches off my tree [1] as he sees fit.

> In my opinion, what is most important is that the vector and matrix
> traits classes are stable and are fixed in the Boost.Sandbox. I am less
> concerned with the bindings themselves (LAPACK, MUMPS, UMFPACK, etc.),
> as long as they use the traits classes from the official bindings.

I fully agree. But the past seems to have shown that the traits classes, as
infrastructure to the rest of the bindings, are mature and seem to have
required very little change.

Andreas

[1] http://git.tiker.net/?p=boost-numeric-bindings.git;a=summary (changed)