Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Documentation system?
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-05 18:27:36

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> Ok, I didn't expect it to be this horrific :-) -- I spent an hour
> in getting a clean Boostified HTML doc generated out of a qbk.

I now spend more than an hour trying to get an unclean Boostified HTML doc generated out of a qbk without using Boost.Build.

> Do you know if it is possible to work with quickbook
> in a more standalone way? I.e., without needing a
> reference to a full BOOST_ROOT and the requirement of bjam?

I succeded in generating a crippled html-doc for doc/test in the following way:
$BOOST_ROOT/dist/bin/quickbook test.qbk
xsltproc $BOOST_ROOT/tools/boostbook/xsl/docbook.xsl test.xml > test.docbook
xsltproc $BOOST_ROOT/tools/boostbook/xsl/html.xsl test.docbook

Just using:
bjam
produces the correct html-doc, so the shown sequence is no alternative to Boost.Build. And I had to build $BOOST_ROOT/dist/bin/quickbook first, for which I also used Boost.Build.

However, as promised I asked on the cmake-mailing list whether they
succeeded in using QuickBook without going throught the Boost.Build
framework. They did, and don't even understand why I'm asking.

Just add "boost_add_documentation(name.qbk)" to your CMakeLists.txt file. (I also had to explicitly set the DOCBOOK_DTD_DIR var to /usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.2 and the DOCBOOK_XSL_DIR var to /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh, because cmake marked them as "XXX-DIR-NOTFOUND".) I was a bit surprised that the manpages got build automatically, but I had to explicitly say "make libname-html" to generate the html-documentation of the "libname" library. I used boost-trunk for that, so I still needed a BOOST_ROOT, but I got rid of bjam.

Regards,
Thomas