Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: [ublas] [bindings] Initial submission plan?
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-10 08:14:37

All,

with the progress on the bindings as they are at the moment, I was wondering
whether it would make sense to set clear goals, so we can work towards a
point where we could submit the library for comments and after that for
review.

To start the discussion, I think it should contain the BLAS, LAPACK, and
Traits parts. This doesn't exclude the ATLAS bindings, because as I see it,
ATLAS is a type of back-end, and as such, its support should be integrated
in the BLAS and LAPACK parts.

Like some other boost libraries, other bindings could be added after the
initial release, e.g.,

 * Boost.Numeric_Bindings: C++ numeric type traits, bindings for BLAS,
LAPACK. Support for ATLAS, nVidia CUDA?, etc.
 * Boost.Numeric_Bindings/FTT: support for fast fourier transforms through
back-end1, back-end2, etc.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Rutger