Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings] Initial submission plan?
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-11 06:30:52

Indeed BLAS seems to be a lot of work, but luckily its code base and
bindings structure are similar to that of LAPACK. I've split the
generators, and put their shared codebase in seperate python modules.
Please find attached a file that the a blas-generator managed to create. It
will probably take some extra templating (engine), but I guess not as much
as has been needed for LAPACK.

I agree the Traits part is the core. I'm all in favour of the incremental
approach, let's start by having the Traits being "good to go", and let's
see how far we get with BLAS/LAPACK by then.

As you might have read in another post, to maintain usability for current
bindings users, sandbox/numeric_bindings is created. Could you be persuaded
to create a quickbook-file for the traits in Numeric_Bindings at
sandbox/numeric_bindings?

Are MUMPS and UMFPACK complete in the sense that they fully cover the
underlying libraries?

Cheers,

Rutger