Boost logo

Ublas :

Subject: Re: [ublas] [bindings][traits] is_vector, is_matrix
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-12 05:03:26

Karl Meerbergen wrote:

>> This is right, trtri is meant for normal dense matrices (=storage format)
>> of which you say they are triangular. I've added support for uplo
>> detection in trtri, to use it now please use ublas' triangular adaptor to
>> indicate whether it is upper/lower.
>>
>> I'm not sure whether it is possible to do the diag detection through the
>> traits at the moment -- Karl?
>>
> What do you mean by diag detection?

the unit-storage support layouts for triangular matrices. I.e., given the
triangular types (of e.g. ublas' triangular)

upper
lower
unit_upper
unit_lower

and our very convenient matrix_uplo_tag, a matrix_diag_tag would be very
welcome as well.

>> I think ublas uses a packed storage format for triangular matrices.
>> Please try tptri, I've just added it to the computational section.
>> However, I think the traits do not support triangular matrices yet?
>
> Don't they? I would hope so. A packed format is supported for sure.

Currently, in matrix_traits is says

// TO DO: add triangular, etc.

in addition, I'm having a hard time finding the specializations for
ublas_triangular. Or are these not needed?

Thanks,

Rutger